MONDAY - THURSDAY, 9 AM - 2 PM
By Appointment Only 425-649-4444
What You Need to Bring:
All persons not eligible to apply by mail must appear in person. This includes all minors. Please view the Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov for requirements.
In order to file an application for a passport, you will need to bring the items listed below with you. You will also need to provide your social security number on the application.
1. A certified copy of your birth certificate or old passport. If your previous passport was issued when you were under age 16, you must submit a certified copy of the birth certificate. If you do not have a state certified birth certificate, you may obtain one by contacting the city or town where you were born, or you may order one on-line at www.vitalchek.com or call 1-800-255-2414.
2. Picture identification (Valid Driver's License, Current Government or Military ID card, Naturalization Certificate, or Previously issued undamaged US Passport) and an easy to read photocopy of the front and back of the identification (on one page) that match the identification that you are submitting to obtain your passport.
3. One passport photograph, sized 2 inches by 2 inches only. Pictures must have been taken within the past six months. The background must be white or off-white. For official information regarding the digital photographs please see http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html.
4. A check or money order made payable to "Department of State" in the amount stated in the full listing of various passport options at http://travel/state/gov/passport/get/fees/fees_837.html
5. Cash, check, credit card, or money order in the amount of $25.00 per application for the service fee, payable to the City of Newcastle.
6. For adult renewals, refer to the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html.
Processing times for passports vary. For current processing times, please visit http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html, the only official website for up-to-date information, downloadable application forms, current requirements and fees, travel warnings and much more.
Please Note: This webpage is provided as a courtesy, and is not intended to describe all the passport rules and procedures set by the federal government. Please visit the official website of the federal government for additional information at http://travel.state.gov.