PASSPORT HOURS - MON - THUR, 8AM - 2PM / By Appointment Only Call 425-649-4444
What You Need to Bring:
All persons not eligible to apply by mail must appear in person. This includes all minors. For minors under age 16, please refer to the Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov for special requirements.
In order to file an application for a passport, you will need to bring the following items with you:
1. A certified copy of your birth certificate or old passport. Children under age 16 must always submit a certified copy of their birth certificate. If you do not have a state certified birth certificate, you may obtain one by contacting the city or town where you were born, or you may order one on-line at www.vitalchek.com or call 1-800-255-2414.
2. Picture identification (Driver's License, ID card, Student ID card, Temporary ID card, etc.) and an easy to read photocopy of the front and back of the identification (on one page) that match the identification that you are submitting to obtain your passport.
3. One passport photograph that matches the photo on the identification submitted, sized 2 inches by 2 inches only. Pictures must have been taken within the past 6 months. The background must be white or off-white. For official information regarding the digital photographs please see http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/pptphotoreq_5333.html.
4. A check or money order made payable to "Department of State" in the amount stated in the full listing of various passport options at http://travel/state/gov/passport/get/fees/fees_837.html
5. Cash, check, or money order in the amount of $25.00 per application for the service fee, payable to the City of Newcastle. Please note, Credit Cards are not accepted.
6. For renewals, refer to the Department of State website at http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html.
Processing times for passports varies. For current processing times, please visit http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html, the only official website for up-to-date information, downloadable application forms, current requirements and fees, travel warnings and much more.
Please Note: This webpage is provided as a courtesy only, and is not intended to describe all the passport rules and procedures set by the federal government. Please visit the official website of the federal government for additional information at http://travel.state.gov.